We were born and grew up in different countries, under very different circumstances, our educational background, professional journeys and relationship history couldn’t be more contrasting, yet everything from how we met, perhaps even when we met and clicked, how we live, work, play, learn and grow today leaves no doubt that we are soulmates.
We, that’s: Mike, the mechanic, and B (short for Birgit), the storytelling wife.
Fast facts about Mike
- Born and bred in North West London
- Started his own car servicing and repair business Classic Brent Autos in 1989 (at an early age)
- In his zone of genius when tinkering with classic cars, and when cycling up mountains
- Keen cyclist and swimmer with a nice track record of competitive cycling, including triathlons
- Avid home DIY enthusiast and experimental chef (showing off his cuisine on his own instagram)
Mike’s favorite quote and motto: “Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else.”
Fast facts about B
- Born and bred in Austria and relocated to London in 2000
- University educated ex-corporate rat racer turned freelance wellbeing copywriter (@Power-Words) turned wellbeing gardener (@Garden B)
- In her zone of genius when crafting copy and content, and when pondering over bringing positive change to the world … yes, MECHANICLONDON is really her megaphone :)
- Keen-but-moderate yogi and easy (treadmill) runner
- Avid gardener, home improver and declutterer