Receiving positive feedback always rocks our world as we usually put it, however, our longstanding customer’s Bruce reference really made us blush.
“I’ve been servicing my car at Brent Autos for 6 years. I’ve always found Mike (the owner) to be a reliable, honest and an experienced mechanic. He always tells me exactly what work he plans to carry out and does not do extra work without seeking my permission first. Also he always clearly itemises his invoices.
A couple of years ago I had an engine management fault on my VW Polo. I initially took it to a main VW dealership, who wanted to charge me for expensive diagnostics and new parts with no guarantee of being able to fix the problem. Dissatisfied with VW’s attitude I took the car to mike who after much patient work was able to fix the problem at a reasonable price.
If you want an experienced mechanic you can trust at a reasonable price I strongly recommend Brent Autos.”
Thanks a million for your loyalty and flattering words, Bruce, always a pleasure serving you.
© Ivelinr | Dreamstime.com
For more lovely words from our loveliest customers, you can also visit our Google+ page.
For more information on our garage services, please contact us today or visit our main website at www.brent-autos.co.uk.
Brent Autos has come a long way since it has been established in 1989. And so has car technology!
For our 25th anniversary we thought it’d be fun to come up with a list of at least 25 of the most significant car technology, servicing and law changes and developments. So here our are numbers one to twelve!
- Four gears became five, and even six by now!
- From having nothing to being fitted only on front seats, there are even special roof airbags these days and by now they are a legal requirement and form a firm part of the MOT health checks.
- Manual hand brakes have transformed into fully electronic parking brakes.
- Headlights used be glass, and are now plastic.
- From freezing our butts off and scraping off the ice on the inside, modern cars now have heated everything – from wind screens to seats to steering wheels.
- From brick like mobile phones in the late 80-s we’ve gone to holding the slimmer line bricks that followed in our hands whilst driving, and today have fully enforced handsfree laws.
- Even wearing our seatbelts was not mandatory and is only achievement of the last 25 years. Hard to believe!
- Speaking of achievements, the invention of led free fuel must make it to our list of most significant developments in car technology!
- Next up: no more manual checking of oil levels as most modern vehicles these days will have a light flashing up to tell you that the oil level’s low. How convenient!
- In 1989 the most commonly known acronym for ABS was probably the Animal Behaviour Society rather than Antilock Braking System.
- Gone are the days of manual tyre checks and here is James Bond technology to tell you the tyre pressure
- And gone are the days of nuts and bolts as keys to undo things are everywhere!
Well, twelve’s enough for today, but if you’ve enjoyed our little walk down history lane, do watch this space for numbers 13-25! And if you’d like to contribute find us on Twitter and give us a shout there!
For more information on our diagnostic and garage services, please contact us today or visit our main website at www.brent-autos.co.uk.
Image credit: Oreena | Dreamstime.com