After 28 years in business and trading as Brent Autos (est. 1989) we are excited to continue our journey of servicing, diagnosing and repairing modern day, particularly French, and classic cars as Classic BRENT AUTOS.
Find out more about our services, our story and why we are classic on our brand new website at www.classicbrentautos.uk.
Our blog is now on directly on our website.
MECHANICLONDON remains our social media self, where we are telling our stories about our work, projects, business(es) and adventures in and our of the garage.
To all our customers and suppliers thank you for your loyalty and custom, and we look forward to continuing to work with you as Classic BRENT AUTOS!
MECHANICLONDON on Facebook
MECHANICLONDON on Twitter
MECHANICLONDON on YouTube
We hope of course, that you haven’t been effected in any bad way by Storm Angus this last weekend, but boy was it a powerful (literally) reminder to get your car ready for winter!
So with that, here are our top tips to get you and your car safe through winter! In a nutshell, the three key things are a healthy engine, clear vision and roadworthy tyres. Find out more in today’s mechaniclondon.co.uk post.
© Travnikovstudio | Dreamstime.com
To ensure your car engine is all healthy and up for the frosty weather
- get the battery checked, and if necessary replaced
- ensure that the water levels are not just right, but that there is sufficient anti-freeze in the coolant
- make sure to check your car has enough oil
To keep your vision in the wet and filthy weather all clear and go
- Keep your windscreen clear – inside and out – and fill up on screen wash with anti-freeze
- Replace damaged or worn wiper blades
- Clean the head lights, and check light bulbs regularly
To make sure your tyres are roadworthy and can keep up with icy and slippery roads
- Check the condition and depth of your tyres
- Do a visual check for any damage such as splits or bulges
- Consider investing in proper snow tyres for improved stability
Other winter extras we recommend
- Plan for extra journey time, extra stopping time and extra space in front of you
- Take extra care of our fuel levels and don’t run the risk of running out in case of delays
- Keep some extra winter equipment in your car such as a car cloth, ice scraper, a bottle of screen wash and spare bulbs
There are obviously many more precautions you can take to drive safely through winter and lots more tips available on the internet. If you want to have real confidence that your car is ready for winter, we recommend you get it serviced. “Car servicing is better than cure” as we always say.
For more information on our garage services, please contact us today or visit our main website at www.brent-autos.co.uk.