It’s (already!) that time of the year again when we send a big thank you to all our customers, suppliers and business partners!
Especially with the extension of our workshop and our K-T (pronounced Katy) – that is our VolvoP1800 -back in the workshop to continue her restoration, our 2016 has been fantastic. And with the prospect of taking K-T on her first ride and many more exciting projects on our business bucket list, we are now raring to fly – ok for us it’s ‘drive’, of course – into 2017!
We wish you all a lovely time at Christmas and all the best for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!
We look forward to servicing and repairing your modern day and classic cars, ordering the best car parts, sharing our knowledge and of course having fun in the workshop – and on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – on the other side of 2016.
For more information about Brent Autos, please contact us today or visit our main website at www.brent-autos.co.uk.
We hope of course, that you haven’t been effected in any bad way by Storm Angus this last weekend, but boy was it a powerful (literally) reminder to get your car ready for winter!
So with that, here are our top tips to get you and your car safe through winter! In a nutshell, the three key things are a healthy engine, clear vision and roadworthy tyres. Find out more in today’s mechaniclondon.co.uk post.
© Travnikovstudio | Dreamstime.com
To ensure your car engine is all healthy and up for the frosty weather
- get the battery checked, and if necessary replaced
- ensure that the water levels are not just right, but that there is sufficient anti-freeze in the coolant
- make sure to check your car has enough oil
To keep your vision in the wet and filthy weather all clear and go
- Keep your windscreen clear – inside and out – and fill up on screen wash with anti-freeze
- Replace damaged or worn wiper blades
- Clean the head lights, and check light bulbs regularly
To make sure your tyres are roadworthy and can keep up with icy and slippery roads
- Check the condition and depth of your tyres
- Do a visual check for any damage such as splits or bulges
- Consider investing in proper snow tyres for improved stability
Other winter extras we recommend
- Plan for extra journey time, extra stopping time and extra space in front of you
- Take extra care of our fuel levels and don’t run the risk of running out in case of delays
- Keep some extra winter equipment in your car such as a car cloth, ice scraper, a bottle of screen wash and spare bulbs
There are obviously many more precautions you can take to drive safely through winter and lots more tips available on the internet. If you want to have real confidence that your car is ready for winter, we recommend you get it serviced. “Car servicing is better than cure” as we always say.
For more information on our garage services, please contact us today or visit our main website at www.brent-autos.co.uk.